Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Slumpish

I am trying to walk on out of Slumpville, following the exit signs, but there is slump on the bottoms of my shoes and my footprints follow me around.

After giving up on Sarah Vowell's book about Lafayette (it's me, not her), I struck out towards fiction and settled on Green Dolphin Street by Elizabeth Goudge.  It's an oldie, first published in 1944. I'm still a bit restless because Goudge was all about long long descriptions of scenery which makes me want to yawn and scratch.

I'm sticking with Green Dolphin Street because I think some of the main characters might end up in New Zealand later on and that sounds promising.  Also, if I finish and I am a good girl and don't cry,  I will treat myself to the movie version starring Lana Turner.

No comments: