One of my favorite places in Busan is the Gukdo Art Cinema. It was difficult to find, (the map is unsatisfactory; I got lost several times and asked a half-dozen people) but well worth it. GAC is a hidden gem for those who crave something other than big-budget action movies. Every week, GAC brings in several films from different countries and usually shows one right after another.
Here are some directions I hope will be easy to understand. (I've got some accompanying pictures, but am having trouble uploading them. When I get them uploaded, I'll add them to this post.)
Directions to Gukdo Art Cinema:
1. Go out of Exit 3 at Dayeon station. Immediately do a 180, walk a few steps and follow the sidewalk to your left, around the corner.
2. Stay on this sidewalk, walking for about 5 minutes. You'll pass a lot of restaurants and a couple of hotels and a PC room. The last thing you'll see is a big tire shop.
3. You will come to a huge intersection where you will see the U.N. Memorial statue. Cross at the crosswalk.
4. Veering slightly to your right, cross at the next crosswalk. It looks like a narrow red road framed in crosswalk/zebra crossing lines.
5. Walk along the sidewalk. The sidewalk curves around the big parking lot of the Busan Museum. The U.N. Memorial statue should be on your right side.
6. Follow the curving sidewalk on around until you get to a crosswalk. Cross here.
7. When you are on the other side, turn and go to your left. Walk until you run out of sidewalk. You will see a Hankook car repair place.
8. Turn right, and stay on the same side of the street, opposite the Busan Cultural Center. Walk down until you see a coffee shop called MOZART.
9. Turn right at MOZART. Make sure you are on the same side of the street as MOZART.
10. After MOZART, you'll see a bricked archway. That's not it. Right after that, there's another entrance with ART HALL written over it. That's the place. Go down the steps and into the small cinema lobby.