Just got back from the county library book sale. I got there early, but apparently fourteen other people had the same idea. When the doors opened, they RAN. They took those tables the way the Allies took the beaches on D-Day. They had already filled cartons while I was still trying to get to the fiction. It was an education. I tried to see what they were going after, but the titles were mere blurs. It was like Supermarket Sweep!
The audio book table? Forget it! Some big old bearded hoss in overalls had the aisle blocked and he wasn't budging.
I came away with six books. Four dollars. I had budgeted twenty for the event, but the selection in the wake of the biblio locusts was only so-so.
1. Man in the Woods- Scott Spencer. (Novel)
2. O Pioneers! - Willa Cather. (Novel)
3. Babbitt - Sinclair Lewis. (Novel)
4. Cult Baseball Players - Danny Peary, editor. (Nonfiction)
5. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - John Berendt. (Nonfiction)
6. Secrets of the Tsil Café - Thomas Fox Averill. (Novel)