Outcomes in red type -- 1/1/14
1. Only TBR books until April 1. [This is the third year I've tried to complete C.B.'s TBR Dare, and here's hoping third time's the charm.] I lasted till Feb. 9th. 11 TBRs in a row.
2. Read 126 books in 2013. I read 137. Shocked and pleased.
3. A Different Kind of Weight Loss: Get the Bybeeary down to 300 books: 150 fiction, 150 nonfiction. When this post was originally written, I had 525 books. Almost one year later, the count stands at 371. Progress.
4. Don't buy a physical book in 2013. [Ha, ha. How long will I be able to hold out?] I held out until Feb. 9th. Such fortitude!
5. Finish Les Misérables. Finished Les Mis on Jan. 13.
6. Get Old: Read at least 25 books written before 1913. I read 19.
7. Listen Up: Get into audiobooks. I listened to 3 books and enjoyed them, but can't seem to make this a regular thing.
8. Wakey, wakey: Participate in both Readathons. I participated, but there was just as much sleepy, sleepy as there was wakey, wakey.
9. Challenges: Canadian reading and scaling the Pulitzer shelf These challenges seem to have gone by the wayside, but I'll get my focus back in 2014.
10. Big Blue Marble: Read more books by non-USA authors. The French made a strong stand, but 62% of my reads were still written by American born authors.