Saturday, October 20, 2007

Readathon Participants: Win A Prize!

I'm ready to offer up my prize, which I mentioned in my first Readathon entry. It's a book about Korea/Korean culture called A Peep Into Korea. Written in a lively and engaging style, it's sure to make you at least pause and consider Korea as a possible vacation destination...or you could move to Korea for a year or so and work at teaching English since there are only about 11,000 foreigners here and 20,000 teaching jobs are available.

This contest is open to everyone (readers, cheerleaders,) participating in the Readathon:

Tell me one fact about Korea. Take it from the top of your head, or search it out on Wikipedia. Leave your fact in the comment section of this blog entry. I'll draw names at the end of the Readathon and post the winner's name on Monday.

I was going to post a picture of the cover of A Peep Into Korea, but Blogger is being chokum [Korean for "a little bit"] uncooperative!

4 comments:

Nyssaneala said...

One of the most common foods in Korea is Kimchi. The best I could describe it is as pickled Chinese cabbage, with a spicy ginger, garlic and chili flavor that's quite unique. I personally love some kimchi thrown into Korean rice bowls. Yumm.

MEMITCHELL said...

Korea is still at war with itself. There was an armistice signed on July 27, 1953 but a formal peace treaty has ever been adopted and the country remains divided.

MEMITCHELL said...

CORRECTION:

Korea is still at war with itself. There was an armistice signed on July 27, 1953 but a formal peace treaty has never been adopted and the country remains divided.

Bybee said...

CanadaBoy drew names. Nyssaneala is the winner. Congrats.