Monday, January 06, 2020

Let's Just Kiss and Say Goodbye: The 2019 DNF Files

I was cleaning my Goodreads shelf, and found all these DNFs from last year. I considered leaving them there and bridging them over to 2020, but no.  If it's meant to be, I'll bring them back:

1. Tess of the D'Urbervilles - Thomas Hardy.

2. In America - Susan Sontag.

3. Frankenstein - Mary Shelley.

4. The Dirt on Clean: An Unsanitized History - Katherine Ashenburg.

5. Black Beauty - Anna Sewell.

As always, I feel bad for abandoning a book (except for that time I threw Atlas Shrugged out the window into the shrubbery, and that other time when I turned my back on Villette after a long struggle with the audiobook and a print copy and a Kindle version).  This year, there were no hostile feelings towards these books; I just couldn't make my brain settle down to them.

Next post: Book Blackout Bingo 2019


2 comments:

Ruthiella said...

As long as there are no hard feelings LOL! Good on you for letting go (for now).

I didn’t really like Frankenstein. I found the good doctor to be so annoying!

Sam said...

Sometimes you just know it's never going to work and it's time to let go. :-)

I abandoned 20 books in 2019, the most ever. I am finding it easier and easier to "just say no."