Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Resolutions Past and Passed Gas

 


Above is my resolutions list for 2023. I'm afraid that I didn't make much headway, but it is fun to see the reach and the fullness and optimism that was there for me at the beginning of the year.

Wolf Hall trilogy again: No (regretfully)

Who was? Who is? Yes

Read Canadian Literature: No

Read a Bulwer-Lytton novel: No

Only read literary biographies: No

Finish "Bronte" project: No

No Self-Help: I read How to Keep House While Drowning and loved the hell out of it.

Read PKD: No

Finally get around to Heart of Darkness: No

Finish Tess of the D'Urbervilles: YES THANK GOD and F#@k Angel Clare!

Read MacBeth: No

Read We: No

Rearrange bookshelves into Dewey Decimal Order: OMG, Past Self, don't make me laugh. No, and they're worse than ever.

Read in the car before work: Yes

Read A Girl of the Limberlost: No

Reread The Bell Jar: No

Stick to wish list: Bwahahahahahaha

Buy local: Yes

Read Icelandic Lit: No

1920s Lit: No

Finish Kopp Sisters: No. (sad face)

More science: No

Popular culture: I don't remember what I thought I meant.

1 comment:

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

This took me OUT! lOL Rearrange bookshelves into Dewey Decimal Order: OMG, Past Self, don't make me laugh. No, and they're worse than ever.