Tuesday, January 02, 2024

2023 Reading: The Breakdown

 


I read 83 books this year. This is my highest total since 2015. The numbers are getting bigger each year and that's encouraging. I'd like to think that I have another 100+ year in me.

fiction 31

nonfiction 52

 audiobooks 21

graphic novels 2

library books 73

my books 9

borrowed/gift 1

first book of the year: Sons - Pearl S. Buck

last book of the year: Ambition and Desire: The Dangerous Life of Josephine Bonaparte -Kate Williams

longest book: Hollywood: The Oral History - Jeanine Basinger and Sam Wasson

shortest book: The Man Who Loved Books - Jean Fritz

funniest book: Abridged Classics - John Atkinson and Napoleon vs. The Bunnies - J.F. Fox and Anna Kwan

saddest book: Five Days at Memorial - Sheri Fink

most helpful book: How To Keep House Without Drowning - KC Davis

bridge book (started in 2023, will finish in 2024): Child Star - Shirley Temple Black

reading revelations: I'm not intimidated by Richard Powers anymore! Elizabeth Gilbert is a goddess.

next post: My fiction, 2023 list

Happy Book Year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely done. I noticed through your GoodReads challenge several times this year that you were on a quicker pace than normal. Glad to see your catching a second wind. Love your "revelations" on Gilbert and Powers. I really, really like Gilbert's work but am still finding Powers rather difficult to get into...maybe in 2024 that will finally happen.

Sam said...

That was me up above. Not sure why I went "anonymous" all of a sudden.

Sam