Wednesday, November 01, 2023

Nonfiction November, Making a Stack to Remember

 


Five Days at Memorial
- Sheri Fink. I've already started this chronicle of events at a hospital in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina. It's compelling and upsetting.

The Farm - Richard Rhodes

The Wager - David Grann. And if I can work in a reread of Grann's previous book, Killers of the Flower Moon, so much the better.

Child Star - Shirley Temple Black. After months and months, I'm finally going to finish this autobiography.

I Must Be Dreaming - Roz Chast. I'm hoping that this book will arrive during November.

Hollywood: The Oral History - Jeanine Basinger and Sam Wasson. This was a last-minute addition to the stack. I couldn't resist. Jeanine Basinger. Movie history. I swooned!

Alternate:

Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy - Karen Abbott.

2 comments:

Sam said...

I'm really down in my nonfiction reading this year but almost picked up a copy of The Wager a couple of weeks ago before deciding I just don't have the time for it yet...and I don't want to rush it. I'll be curious to hear what you think of it; everything I've heard so far is pretty positive.

That stack is a nice challenge for the month. Good luck.

Mummys Gold said...

Your insights are truly eye-opening. Thank you for broadening my perspective.