Wednesday, December 28, 2022

2022 Reading: The Nonfiction

 I can't believe I read so much nonfiction this year. As they used to say in the old cigarette commercials, it was the taste that satisfied. I even flirted with the idea of having an all-nonfiction year in 2023, but not sure if I can live completely without fiction. Anyway, here's the list. Favorites are highlighted in green.

January

Taste: My Life Through Food - Stanley Tucci. 

Who Were the Navajo Code Talkers? - James Buckley, Jr.

Who Is Queen Elizabeth II? - Megan Stine.

What Was The Plague? - Roberta Edwards.

The Fran Leibowitz Reader - Fran Leibowitz.

February

Murder Book: A Graphic Memoir of a True Crime Obsession - Hilary Fitzgerald Campbell.

Who Were Stanley and Livingstone? - Jim Gigliotti.

Chasing the Last Laugh - Richard Zacks.

Garbo - Robert Gottlieb.

March

And Never Let Her Go - Ann Rule.

Home Baked: My Mom, Marijuana, and the Stoning of San Francisco - Alia Volz.

Born With Teeth - Kate Mulgrew.

What Were the Salem Witch Trials? - Joan Holub.

Half-Empty - David Rakoff.

April

Crying in H Mart - Michelle Zauner.

Who Was Charles Schultz? -Joan Holub.

What Was The Harlem Renaissance? - Sherri L. Smith

May

Films of Endearment - Michael Koresky.

The Taking of Jemima Boone - Matthew Pearl.

What Is Juneteenth? - Kirsti Jewel.

June

My Lucky Life In and Out of Show Business - Dick Van Dyke.

Who Is Jimmy Carter? - David Stabler.

Who Was Johnny Cash? - Jim Gigliotti.

Happy-Go-Lucky - David Sedaris.

Who Is Chloe Kim? - Stefanie Loh.

July

What Are Castles and Knights? - Sarah Fabiny.

The Witches - Stacy Schiff.

Who Was E.B. White? - Gail Herman.

What Is The AIDS Crisis? - Nico Medina.

Long Walk to Freedom - Nelson Mandela.

Who Was Ponce de Leon? - Pam Pollack.

August

Who Was Nelson Mandela? - Pam Pollack and Meg Belviso.

The Wicked Boy - Kate Summerscale.

September

Dust Bowl Girls - Lydia Reeder

Everybody Thought We Were Crazy - Mark Rozzo.

October

Comedy Comedy Comedy Drama - Bob Odenkirk.

I'm Glad My Mom Died - Jennette McCurdy.

November

Who Was Georgia O'Keeffe? - Sarah Fabiny.

Three Martini Afternoons at The Ritz - Gail Crowther.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - John Berendt.

December

Red Comet: The Short Life and Blazing Art of Sylvia Plath - Heather Clark.

Who Was Steve Irwin? - Dina Anastasio.


My Very Favorites, My WOW Reads: 

Taste, Home Baked, Crying in H Mart, Everybody Thought We Were Crazy, I'm Glad My Mom Died, Three Martini Afternoons at The Ritz, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, and Red Comet.

No comments: