Friday, November 08, 2019

Bybeeary: Fiction and Nonfiction



It suddenly occurred to me this morning, before coffee, that I have lived in my newest place since June 1 and hadn't posted any pictures of the newest incarnation of the Bybeeary. So I'm fixing that today. Before coffee, as you can tell by the quality of the photos.

These two tall, slender shelves are on either side of my sofa.

The first picture is of the fiction shelf and the one below is the nonfiction. The fiction is alphabetical. The nonfiction is still a work in progress, except for the first one-and-a-half shelves: those are my books related to food.

On top of the fiction shelf is a pot that my mother made.

On top of the nonfiction shelf is decorative ball that reflects light. Next to it is a photo of my great-grandmother, taken around 1915. In the middle of the second shelf (which is the end of the aforementioned food section) is a cookie jar shaped like a stack of chocolate chip cookies.

 In the foreground on the right is a small drop-leaf table with some crystal on it. In the crystal bowl is my matchbook collection.

I'll go now (coffee) and let you zoom in on the book spines. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Ruthiella said...

Hi Bybee! I enjoyed the tour of your shelves and the accompanying bits and pieces. Thanks for sharing. :D

I used to collect matchbooks too. I had a huge amount but I also used to smoke at as some point I decided to use them all up.

Bybee said...

Hi Ruthiella! Thanks for the Amazon gift certificate! You really shouldn't have, but I'm glad you did!