Thursday, March 07, 2019

Jan-Mar, 2019: Not Blogging, But Reading

I want to blog. Really, I do, but I'm having the most terrible time with it. Unpacking all the reasons why would look like self-pity and probably tax your patience.

I thought perhaps if I came here and admitted it straight out, my blogging mojo would be returned to me, with or without a stern lecture delivered by a steely-eyed muse. Here's hoping.

I have been reading, though. I promise. So far, for 2019, 11 books are in the books. Good stuff. I hope to catch up here soon. Maybe this fragile, skittery post will break this block.

Here's what's in progress on my bedside table:

1. Rin Tin Tin - Susan Orlean.

2. An American Marriage - Tayari Jones.

3. Middlemarch - George Eliot

and, in the car:

4. Dopesick - Beth Macy

1 comment:

Unruly Reader said...

The blogging mojo: it'll return! We've all been there, and thankfully it's not a state that persists. Meanwhile, read on, brave Bybee... We have Middlemarch to march through.