Book blogger Care is such a good influence on me. She encouraged me to #SalemAlong last month, and really sink my teeth into it. Now she is doing Nonfiction November, and I have been compelled to "shop my shelves" and join in.
Here's the tasty stack I've assembled (so far). Except for the first one, this list is in no particular order:
1. Polish Your Poise with Madame Chic - Jennifer L. Scott Update: Read and enjoyed!
2. The Warmth of Other Suns - Isabel Wilkerson Update: Didn't get to this one. Disappointed in myself.
3. On The Way Home - Laura Ingalls Wilder Update: A nice fusion of Laura and Rose's partnership as authors.
4. Burnt Toast Makes You Sing Good: A Memoir of Food & Love from an American Midwest Family - Kathleen Flinn (I also hope to find and read Flinn's previous book, The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry) Update: Read them both, and am glad to have been introduced to Kathleen Flinn's work.
5. Offbeat Museums: The Collections and Curators of American's Most Unusual Museums - Saul Rubin Update: Ooops. A library book that I let fall into overdue status without finishing.
6, Unfamiliar Fishes - Sarah Vowell Update: I didn't get to this book. Sarah, I'm sorry! November's just too short.
7. Ball Four - Jim Bouton Update: Read it, finished it. Learned a lot.
8. Drama - John Lithgow Update: I need to make time for this memoir!
9. The Boys in the Boat - Daniel James Brown Update: Didn't get to this one. Onto the December stack it goes.
10. Without You, There Is No Us - Suki Kim Update: Did I really REALLY NOT get to a book about Korea??????