Monday, April 27, 2015

Bookworm Transitions

One month home, and it's gone by in a blur. Shortly after my last post, Mom and I went to Tulsa to visit The Spawn, and she fell ill. Scary stuff. Somehow, we got her into the car and back here. Her doctor took one look at her and said, "Hospital." One week in the hospital has now turned into 2 or 3 weeks of physical and occupational therapy in a nursing home. Looks like I showed up in the U.S. at just the right time.

In other news,  I have finally gotten the Bybeeary unpacked and organized:

Nonfiction on the left, fiction on the right


Pulitzer fiction winners

As you can imagine, reading has taken a back seat. No, that's not right. Reading isn't even in the car. If anything, it's clinging to the back bumper.

This seems like a running joke, but I'm still reading A Game of Thrones.  I'm also reading Without You, There is No Us by Suki Kim and Let's Just Say It Wasn't Pretty by Diane Keaton.

Book buying: I picked up a copy of the newest Pultizer fiction winner, All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr and I couldn't resist a hardcover copy of The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.

Dewey's Readathon: I missed it, as I suspected I might, but it never dawned on me that I would MISS IT miss it as in not even being aware that it was going on until I saw some posts on social media. I hope that part of my life isn't truly gone. Let's see what October brings.

Read Life and Real Life seem poles apart, but I'm slowly finding my way back. Today, I have errands to run and a meeting with my new boss, but first, I want to stop in here for my library fix.


My beautiful hometown library in Sedalia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sounds mostly good. I hope your mother is back up to full health very soon.

A new library to explore, especially a college library, is very exciting. You never know what sort of unusual special collection a college might have, even a small one.