One of my Book Year resolutions was to participate in the TBR Dare at James Reads Books and only read my own books -- books that already belonged to me from the beginning of the year till April 1.
Things went belly-up pretty quickly. I hit a new record for succumbing to temptation (Jan 17). There were just too many new page-pretties out there, and I couldn't keep my hands to my shelf. In between diversions, I managed to read 10.5 TBRs:
1. My Brother Sam is Dead - James Lincoln Collier (January 1)
2. The Shining - Stephen King (January 2)
3. The Caine Mutiny - Herman Wouk (January 5)
4. The Devil's Knot: The True Story of The West Memphis Three - Mara Leveritt (January 10)
5.My Name is Mary Sutter (January 14)
6. Before We Were Free - Julia Alvarez (January 20)
7. Dear Coca-Cola - Terry Ravenscroft (February 7)
8. Doctor Sleep - Stephen King (February 14)
9. Esther Waters - George Moore (February 20)
10. Man's Search for Meaning -Viktor Frankl (March 14)
10.5 A Vindication of the Rights of Woman - Mary Wollstonecraft
I don't know why, but I still think that I can complete this challenge successfully. Next year.