Here's how the deal went down on 2013's resolutions.
2014 New Book Resolutions
1. Eyeballs to the wall: Read 138 books in 2014.*
2. Powdered wigs and the like: Read some 18th century books. I read one.
3. Long arm: Reach back before the 18th century and read some of that. Didn't do it. Short arm.
4. French connection: Read more Zola and say bonjour to Balzac. Non.
5. Do you hear what I hear?: Get more into audiobooks. I listened to 2 audiobooks.
6. Get it on, bang a gong: Participate in both Readathons and the Readers of Kindle Books challenge on Goodreads. I did both Readathons.
7. Keep your hands to your shelf: TBR Challenge. No books but mine till April 1. I lasted until January 6th, when I read a book borrowed from my mom, but I tried to get back on task as often as I could. Mixed results.
8. Hunting and gathering: Resist the new book itch. Yeah, right. January 8th found me ordering Hyperbole and a Half.
9. Roam if you want to/ Roam around the world: More books by non-USA authors. 37 out of 138 authors were from other countries. Not very well armchair-traveled.
10. Blog better: Fewer lists, more thoughts, and more often, but don't get windy. I think I got listier and less thoughty. Not to mention less bloggy. Just the opposite.
11. I wish I could quit you: Give Henry James another go. Still trying to get the momentum to read Washington Square.
*The Secret Resolution: I believe that I can get to 150 books this year. The conditions are favorable. All signs point to yes. TRY AGAIN LATER.