Whoops, I did it again. Broken and bent resolutions. Let's review:
1. Only TBR books until April 1.
I made it to March 17, then the things I'd ordered from Amazon to read after the TBR Double Dare came flooding into my mailbox. I'm not made of stone, you know.
2. Read 113 books in 2012
I read 125. Still puzzling over how I accomplished this feat.
3. Read more Chunky Monkeys (500+ pages) and fewer Skinny Minnies (-100 pages)
I read 9 Chunky Monkeys and 7 Skinny Minnies this year.
4. Reduce the amount of books in my studio apartment (recent count: 500-600)
I culled the herd in February and thought that I had it down around 300. I guess I thought wrong because the most recent count is 525. This is troublesome news because I'm moving again this year.
5. Read more internationally. Not just English and Canadian books. Get some exoticism going.
90/125 were authors born in the United States. 14 were English. 6 were Canadian. 'Exotic' barely made a blip.
6. Find a new name for this blog.
'Blue-Hearted Bookworm' might not be as interesting, but I get a lot less spam.
7. Participate in both Readathons.
April, check. October, check.
8. Read for charity -- a penny a page.
36,019 pages = a lot of pennies!
9. More book/movie comparison/contrast posts.
I'm ashamed to admit that I completely forgot this resolution. It vaporized before I could break it.
10. Olden is golden (more books before 1900)
How did I end up reading only 2 pre-1900 books? In my defense, I must argue that the hugely enjoyable Circles In A Forest by South African author Dalene Matthee is a 19th century novel in disguise.
Anyway -- kept a few, broke a few. Time to make more! Stay tuned.