Saturday, October 22, 2011

Readathon: Hour 3

What I'm reading:  The Onion Field by Joseph Wambaugh

Why?  I saw a newspaper article recently about how one of the murderers featured in this true-crime book about a cop killing petitioned for compassionate parole because he's terminally ill, but his request was denied. James Woods played him in the movie version.   Excellent introduction by James Ellroy.  He wrote that The Onion Field was the book that changed his life.

Number of pages read:  50

Things learned:  1.  I'd never heard of the drug Naline before.

Wardrobe adjustment:  I've got the hood on my hoodie pulled up.  I'm a little chilly, but I don't want to turn on the heat yet.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I decided to stop with the lurking for a day and actually leave comments on my favorite blogs to cheer on all the Read-a-Thoners. So, have fun today!

I saw the Onion Field killer on the news the other day, too, and my curiosity was peaked. I'll have to pick up this book. (Although true crime novels scare the bejeezus out of me.)