Sunday, April 10, 2011

Readathon: Hour 24


1. Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 6. I hit a wall and could not continue. The Sandman won that round. Bastard.

/

2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? They Shoot Horses, Don't They? is gritty and noirish, but there's something irresistable about reading about a contest of endurance when you are also in one. If the style or genre is not to the reader's taste, it's a rather short read -- approximately 120 pages.

/

3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Can't think of anything.

/

4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The challenges were very creative.

/

5. How many books did you read? Three-and-a-half.

/

6. What were the names of the books you read? Happy Birthday or Whatever - Annie Choi, They Shoot Horses, Don't They? - Horace McCoy, Cake Wrecks - Jen Yates and 43 % of The Grifters - Jim Thompson

/

7. Which book did you enjoy most? They Shoot Horses, Don't They?

/

8. Which did you enjoy least? Cake Wrecks seems funnier online.

/

9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? Just do the best you can. I hope we have more next year.

/

10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? Very likely.

What role would you be likely to take next time? Reader and Cheerleader

6 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun event. So many posts. wow. Perhaps next year I will get to do this.

Unruly Reader said...

Well done! I'm storing away the idea of reading about someone facing a daunting challenge, even as one participates in such a thing oneself. Hmmm... food for thought for the next Read-a-Thon.

Anonymous said...

Blech, our internet went out at our house this weekend (and we haven't gotten paid), so I couldn't participate. I plan to go back over your read-a-thon posts while I'm sure you are catching up on sleep. :)

Shelley said...

I find the titles of your books entertaining in and of themselves! Glad you had a good time!

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

You did fantastic! This was my first read-a-thon and now I understand what all the fuss is about. So much fun!

Jaime D Buckley said...

I just wanted to say that I'm impressed. Just found this blog through a link I'm not sure where and your hourly posts from the reading caught my attention.

(especially the Sandman comment...made me laugh)

Have you bookmarked now that you grabbed my interest =). Never have stayed up for 24 hours to read a book...but I'm going to try it.