Saturday, April 10, 2010

Readathon: Hour 7

Pages read: 15
Snacks: 0
Blogs visited: 4

I'm having a little trouble settling on a new book to read. For the last hour, I've been paging through a little gem that I borrowed from Alex called The Wordsworth Book of Intriguing Words by Paul Hellweg. Right now, I've got kopophobia = fear of fatigue. I've discovered that I'm a logolept = a word maniac. Somehow, I already knew bibliophile = one who loves books. A little later, I'm definitely going for the apples and peanut butter snack because I most assuredly do not have arachibutyrophobia = fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of my mouth.

2 comments:

nat @book, line, and sinker said...

lol...reminds me of the shel silverstein poem about the prince who loves peanut butter sandwiches!

good job on the reading--you have way more fortitude than i! keep going!!

Melissa said...

What a fun-sounding book! There's a similar one called "Reading the OED" about a guy who spent a year reading the Oxford English Dictionary. (He could have been the honorary chair of the Read-a-thon.) He has all kinds of fun words. There's a book review on my blog about it.

Happy Read-a-Thoning!