Sunday, October 25, 2009

Readathon: Hour 19

Pages read: 20
Blogs visited: 0
Snacks: finished off the aforementioned glass of Coke with lots of chipped ice

I read a few pages of Julie and Julia. That book is just all over the place. She can write and she can do funny, but there's too much of everything about her life. She needed an editor with wit and style to pare down her prose.

Close call -- I put the book over my face for a moment to think about how Maxwell Perkins might edit it. Suddenly, I heard this horrible sound like a 120-year-old woman with respiratory distress. It was me, snoring. It seemed like a good time to get up and visit the computer.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me laugh. I feel asleep twice while reading about cars. But it was a good book. I feel great, but it's probably because I've slept away a total of at least five hours of the readathon.

Lenore Appelhans said...

LOL! Your snoring story made me chuckle. Keep up the great reading!

Bybee said...

Shanna,
Well, we start at such an awkward time in the evening that we can't help dropping off.

A Library Girl said...

Lol over the snoring story. I've seen Julie and Julia the movie, but I haven't read the book. I cataloged it a while ago (I bumped it up because I thought it might be nice to have it available on our shelves before the movie was completely forgotten) - it didn't even make it to our New Books shelves before someone from ILL came and asked for it to be rush processed so that it could be sent out.