Friday, November 07, 2008

The Well-Seasoned Reader Challenge

I really tried not to join any challenges for 2009, but Book Nut made this sound so irresistible. Just my cup of tea. Easy, too. Piece of cake, so to speak. I don't think I can fail at this one:

Rule 1# The challenge runs from January 1 - March 31. (No cheating or starting before!)
Rule 2# You must read 3 books. After that, it's up to you how much you want to read.
Rule 3# The books must: Have a food name in the title OR be about cooking/eating OR have a place name in the title OR be about a specific culture OR be by an author whose ethnicity is other than your own.
Rule 4# The books must be middle-grade and on up, but can be either fiction or nonfiction.

This challenge not only screamed my name, it knocked me down and began chewing on my forearm. Now that I've succumbed, it's like dominoes; I'll be tumbling for those other challenges dancing in front of my eyes. Sigh. Stay tuned.

10 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm so impressed that my challenge had the power to knock you over and chew on your arm. So glad you gave in. :)

Tara said...

This would be a good one for me. If I did challenges! Will look forward to your reading list.

Maree said...

Sigh ... I promised myself no more challenges too. Then I started reading the Novel Challenge blog ... I may be doomed.

Beth F said...

LOL! You've done it now... you'll soon be a challenge addict.

Unknown said...

I can't help but wonder why you are reading Fearless Interviewing.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I think I'll join you on that one. It sound deliciously easy and light. Like angel food cake!

Care said...

The rules of this sound pretty easy (and fun!)... Don't get carried away now. OH - I've tagged you for the 4 things meme, if ya wanna.

? said...

I have put you down as the bookworm in my story

Bybee said...

Melissa,
It was inevitable.

Tara,
Yeah, I thought this was your cuppa tea too.

Maree,
We're all doomed...those challenges are our bright and glittery objects.

Beth,
It's all over but the shoutin'.

Joe in Korea,
LOL

Boldfont,
Angel Food Cake. Yum. "I want to be the girl with the most cake..."

Care,
Thanks for tagging me...I'll get to it soon.

R.E. II,
Thanks!

Susan said...

NO, no, no, I must not looook, too late, am being pulled into the challenge current....no....but I can do this one! I read cookbooks all the time! And Nigella's new one is on my Christmas list! Do we get brownie points for cooking a recipe -yes, I read cookbooks all the way through! *Cookbook Self leaps with pleasure, wiping her hands on her apron* and I know, it doesn't have to be a cookbook. oh well, I've already joined Rhinoa's challenge!