Thursday, June 05, 2008

Take Me To The Readathon! OR They Shoot Bookworms, Don't They?


Dewey's having another Readathon June 28-29! I'm definitely in. The times for here work out to be from 1 am Sunday to 1 am Monday. Not a problem -- I don't have to be at work until 7:10 Monday morning.

I'm already plotting and planning:
- what to read, (making a pile of graphic novels and YA)
-how to avoid wussing out and taking a nap like I did last fall, (more coffee)
-what to eat (maybe lots of protein?)
-and what to wear. (besides the bowl of chilled cucumber slices I'll have at the ready for my tired eyes)

That last one is crucial. If I'm dressed too comfortably, I might doze off. Also, I want to do more regular progress posts, and every four hours or so, visit the other bloggers to see how it's going with them. And: I want to hold a book drawing for all participants. [breaking into song] "It's the most wonderful time of the year..."

4 comments:

Eva said...

You are Hard Core. Home-made Hot Chocolate saved me when I wanted to take a nap. :) But then, I haven't been able to drink coffee for two years because it gives me monstrous headaches. *sigh*

Last time I just ate whatever I could make quickly! A bagel for breakfast, leftover soup for lunch, and tacos for dinner. If I were in Korea, I bet I'd have a big bowl of kimchee! My parents (who have both lived in Korea) think my affection for it is deranged, lol; since we're in the military, several of my parents' friends have Korean wives who serve it at barbeques.

I am totally rambling now, so I'm going to cut myself off. A bit sleep deprived this morning! :)

Bookfool said...

I'm thinking about joining this one, since I seem to be having an empty nest problem, at least part of the day. It's driving me freaking nutskies.

I notice you're reading a Thurber book that I love. Have fun with that one!

Bybee said...

Eva,
I remember your pumpernickel croutons. Yes, there's kimchi in the refrigerator, so I'll probably have that at least once. Yum.

Bookfool,
I hope you'll join up.
The Executioner's Song irritates me so much that I keep picking up the Thurber to get my sense of humor back. I just finished the story about the ghost in the house. His family sure was excitable at night. I really love his drawings, too!

Bookfool said...

That ghost story is hilarious. I'm really just a Thurber fan, plain and simple. He was much more erudite than you realize from his humorous works.