Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The 7 Weirdnesses Of Bybee


Dewey tagged me for this meme several days ago, and I've had a hell of a time culling the list down to something manageable!

1. I used to lie and tell people that my birthday was December 10th instead of December 11th because I wanted to have the same birthday as Emily Dickinson. I was born around 5 a.m. on the 11th, so it really wasn't that much of a lie, but at the time, it felt like I was telling a whopper.

2. A bowl of popcorn liberally laced with pickled jalapeno peppers is my idea of comfort food.

3. While watching a St. Louis Cardinals baseball game, I can't read when the opposing team is up to bat, because if I'm engrossed in my book and not watching carefully, those SOBs will score a run (or worse!) off of my beloved Cards.

4. If I get an interesting word on my rack in Scrabble, I'll play it even if there's a better move available. "Gadfly" is a recent example.

5. When I'm running a fever, I dream each letter of the alphabet in agonizingly slow motion. The letters pulsate. They hurt me.

6. I absolutely crave time alone. I'm a solitary junkie. The more solitude I get, the more I want.

7. I can't spell "weird". I have to look it up every time.

Tag! You're it! If you've already been tagged by someone else, my apologies.

Veronica
Lazy Cow
Sam Houston
Zeek

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I do the same thing in Scrabble! Then again, I'm normally playing my son and trying to teach him new words.

Literary Feline said...

I love that you wished your birthday was Emily Dickenson's! :-) She's my favorite poet.

I value my alone time too. When my husband decides to take a day off on my scheduled Friday off, I get a little grumpy. I get over it and look forward to spending the extra time with him in the end, but there's a moment when I resent the fact that he is encroaching on my alone time.

joemmama said...

Only 7???? This may take a little time to narrow down!!!!!

John Mutford said...

Well, a fellow Sagitarius. Mine's the 13th, same as Dick Van Dyke's.

Isabella K said...

I'm totally with you on points 4, 6, and 7. Me too!

Apart from that, I'm not weird at all though. (Will think on this...)