Sunday, September 19, 2004

The Brain Of A Bookworm

I have a list of books floating around in my bookwormy little brain that I want to read. It's a nice list, but if I don't put it down now, it'll change over the next few days or weeks, and I'll forget something:

1. That Larry McMurtry quartet (?) about those English people who settle in the West.

2. SICKENED by Julie Gregory. It's a memoir of a woman whose mother had Baron Munchhausen's-by-proxy. The book came out in 2003, but I've been stubbornly waiting for it to come out in paperback. I think that will be in September, but haven't seen it yet, though I've haunted the local bookstore with great frequency.

3. AMISH SOCIETY. Nonfiction, written by a professor who grew up Amish. Very scholarly looking, sociological. Lots of photos!

4. SLACKJAW. I bought this book months ago. It's about a guy who has all kinds of degenerative brain problems plus he's going blind & how he manages to keep his sense of humor.

5. A MILLION LITTLE PIECES by James Frey. It's out in paperback now. I love that cover!

6. PARADISE FALLS, VOLS. I and II. Just purchased these on eBay. It's by Don Robertson; how can I go wrong?

7. VANITY FAIR by William Makepeace Thackeray. A book I've been meaning to read for years. There's a copy at the library.

8. TEACHING IN ACTION. Real life scenarios of problems/solutions encountered in ESL classrooms around the world. I've only sampled this book; it was required in graduate school. It might come in handy in the future.

No comments: