Monday, December 26, 2022

2022 Reading: The Fiction

For some reason, this wasn't a big fiction reading year for me. Perhaps my tastes are changing.

Checkmarks below indicate a hearty recommendation. 

I want to recommend The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles, but fairly or unfairly, I keep comparing it to his first novel Rules of Civility, which I *really* loved. I'd also recommend The Thorn Birds, but the Justine section, which is the last 100+ pages of the novel is Such. A. Slog.

January
Billy Summers - Stephen King
Matrix - Lauren Groff ✅
Fates and Furies - Lauren Groff

February
Where'd You Go, Bernadette - Maria Semple

March
The Lincoln Highway - Amor Towles
Mrs. March - Virginia Feito
The Dressmaker - Kate Alcott

April
The Devil All the Time - Donald Ray Pollock ✅
French Braid - Anne Tyler ✅
Ocean State - Stewart O'Nan ✅

May
The Leavers - Lisa Ko ✅

June
Pretty Baby - Mary Kubica
Vinegar Girl - Anne Tyler ✅
The Thorn Birds - Colleen McCullough

July
The Poisonwood Bible - Barbara Kingsolver ✅

August
A View of the Harbour - Elizabeth Taylor ✅
Lady Cop Makes Trouble - Amy Stewart ✅
My Year of Rest and Relaxation - Ottessa Moshfegh
Bluebird, Bluebird - Attica Locke
Girl Waits With Gun - Amy Stewart ✅

September
Miss Kopp's Midnight Confessions - Amy Stewart ✅
True Biz - Sara Novic ✅
Miss Kopp Just Won't Quit - Amy Stewart ✅
The Memoirs of Stockholm Sven - Nathaniel Ian Miller

October
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak ✅
Daisy Jones and The Six - Taylor Jenkins Reid ✅
Little Man, What Now? - Hans Fallada

November
The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck ✅

December
A Christmas Carol - Charles Dickens

Overall favorite: The Kopp Sisters series

DNF: Demon Copperhead - Barbara Kingsolver (but I plan to take it up again in 2023. Just ran out of time with my library checkout and there was/is a waitlist. And my name is back upon it.)

No comments: