Saturday, April 10, 2010

Readathon: Hour 11

Pages Read: 8
Snacks: 1 apple
Blogs visited: 1

I found a YA novel on my TBR that I've been meaning to read and review. It's called
A Wish After Midnight. The author is Zetta Elliott. Genna Colon is 15 years old and lives in a slum in Brooklyn with her mother and her two brothers and sister. Her mother works double shifts as a nurse's aide at the hospital. Her father walked out years ago. Her abuela just moved back to Panama. Life is rough, but Genna's been tossing coins in a fountain every day and making wishes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Read the best books first,
or you may not have a chance to read them at all.
~ Henry David Thoreau ~

Hope you're still going strong!

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Choco Pie said...

Good morning! Thought of you almost as soon as I woke up this morning, wondering how the all-night reading went. Seems like you might get a little sick of eggs, but looks like you're doing great. I'm planning a day of housework and reading, so I'll be checking in on you. Go Bybee!