Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tough & KOOL Outer Bookworm


"I'm cooler than the other side of the pillow." -Origin of quote unknown -- at least, to me.

Chartroose has made me an honorary member of her Kool Kidz Klub! I have to admit, I have a lump the size of a pocket dictionary in my throat. You should see that roster; I'm just lucky to be in the same blogosphere. My own fam won't even read my "blob". Not even if I were to hit them...so this really means a lot to me.

Before I get all Sally Field on your asses, I'm off to find a black t-shirt and some hair wax, but before sauntering out of here, let me leave a reading update: I'm in the second-to-last section of The Omnivore's Dilemma. The "beyond organic" guy's farm left me alternately gasping in admiration and reading pages aloud to innocent bystanders. I suspect Mr. Bybee is tired of hearing all about the magical properties of manure by now, but trust me -- it's brilliant. Rave review coming soon.

7 comments:

Eva said...

I totally want to do a faux-hawk now! ;)

I actually refuse to tell my family what my blog's name is, though they know it exists. And I'm sure they could find it without too much trouble. But I prefer to compartmentalise! hehe

Tara said...

The Omnivore's Dilemma IS brilliant. Looking forward to the full review.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Congrats on being a part of the club! And I LOVE that quote - it is just TOO funny. :)

Jeane said...

Brilliant, yes brilliant! I loved the description of that farm- everything sustaining everything else, so perfectly. It blew me away.

Anonymous said...

google isn't cooperating... I'll try this again!

My friend's call my blog a 'blug'...

Susan said...

ok, so now that you have sashayed out that door in your black t-shirt and oiled hair, how about your leather jacket? Can I borrow it, please? Thus speaks my not-cool inner bookworm, who, despite reading poetry and attempting Salman Rushdie for the very first time ever, sadly makes no one's cool list this time. (She sniffs and says 'reading poetry is ALWAYS cool') Congrats, Susan!!! At last, your wicked sense of humour is being recognized!!
and yes, can hardly wait for your review of Omnivore's Dilemma, which is on my TBR pile....

Bybee said...

Eva,
I'll help keep your secret!

Tara,
I feel like giving Pollan a standing ovation after every paragraph!

Heather J.
I know some sports guy said it, but that's about it.

Jeane,
I tried not to read your review, but as soon as I'm done with the book and my review, I'll read yours hungrily. I'm on the hunting/gathering part now.

Care,
I like blug better than blob.

Susan,
You are wonderful and you are on my ice cold list, because, as Outkast would say, "What's better than being cool? Ice cold!"