What's wrong with me? I seem to be going through a stage in which I can hardly forbear the sight of a fiction book. I flung aside a Wallace Stegner novel 50 pages in, and I love Wallace Stegner's work! But no, only nonfiction will do. As much as I'm enjoying (maybe not quite the right word) this romp on the real side, I'm decidedly out of whack and hope that I'll get my fiction feeling back again soon.
Speaking of nonfiction, here's an account of what I've read from March till now:
1. One Summer: America, 1927 - Bill Bryson. Nonfiction.
2. Madison Square Tragedy - Rick Geary. Graphic Nonfiction.
3. Flight Behavior - Barbara Kingsolver. Fiction.
4. Rain of the Ghosts - Greg Weisman. YA Fiction.
5. The Gravedigger's Daughter - Joyce Carol Oates. Fiction.
6. Easy Paleo Slow-Cooker Meals - Arsy Vartanian. Cookbook.
7. Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl. Memoir.
8. Bark - Lorrie Moore. Fiction.
9. Last Night at the Lobster - Stewart O'Nan. Fiction.
10. Goodbye to All That - Robert Graves. Memoir.
11. Silas Marner - George Eliot. (re-read) Fiction.
12. The Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey. Nonfiction.
1. Before the Sun Goes Down - Elizabeth Metzger Howard. Fiction.
2. Orange is the New Black - Piper Kerman. Nonfiction.
3. The Great Gilly Hopkins - Katherine Paterson. YA Fiction.
4. A Vindication of the Rights of Woman - Mary Wollstonecraft. Essay.
5. The Girl in a Swing - Richard Adams. (re-read) Fiction.
6. Jenny of the Tetons - Kristiana Gregory. YA Fiction.
7. Summer of the Swans - Betsy Byars. YA Fiction.
8. Get on Board: The Story of the Underground Railroad - James Haskins. YA Nonfiction.
9. EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches - Dave Ramsey. Nonfiction.
10. At Home: A Short History of Private Life - Bill Bryson. Nonfiction.
11. The World Without Us - Alan Weisman. Nonfiction.
May (so far)
1. The Kindness of Strangers - Mike McIntyre. Nonfiction.
2. The Total Money Makeover - Dave Ramsey. (re-read) Nonfiction.
3. 31 Tasty Boneless Chicken Breast Recipes - Jenny Collins. Cookbook.
In Progress: The Man Cave Cookbook - Matt Thompson. Cookbook.
This has got to be one of the oddest reading lists around. It's a wonder I'm owning up to it.